AIP Sweet Potato Dinner Roll
I’m so happy to introduce this AIP version of the Sweet Potato Rolls! I had been craving for breads and this one hits the spot while being an AIP compliant. The original recipe is made by Beth Gabriel in her e-book Paleo Gluten Free, Slow Cooker Recipes.
1 1/4 cup Tapioca Flour, like this
1/4 cup Arrowroot Flour, like this
1/2 cup Sweet Potato Puree, like this
1/4 cup Coconut Flour + 3 Tbsp Coconut Flour
1 Tsp. Sea Salt
1 Tsp. Baking Powder, like this
1/4 cup Coconut Milk beverage, like this
1/4 cup Olive Oil, like this
1 tsp gelatin powder, bloomed and whisked (see note)
1 Tbsp Nutiva Shortening
Note: Mix 1 tsp gelatin powder and 1/4 cup room temperature water on a small saucepan. Whisk and wait for about 5 minutes to let the gelatin bloom. Whisk again until frothy.
- Pre-heat oven at 400 degrees. Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Mix the first six ingredients in a big bowl. Make sure there is no clumps by using a sifter and a spatula.
- Mix coconut milk beverage, olive oil and bloomed gelatin in a big mixing bowl.
- Put half of the dry ingredients in, mix with hands then add the other half until a dough is formed. If its still soft, slowly add a teaspoonful of coconut flour until a firm dough is achieved.
- Cover with kitchen towel for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle coconut flour on a board, form the dough into a log and divide into 8 pieces using a knife.
- Put shortening on your hand and gently shape dough into round balls. Allow shortening to cover outside of dough balls.
- Arrange on the cookie sheet covered with parchment paper, allowing space in between.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm.